Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
This recipe is another one that is perfect for meal prep and freezes well for easy homemade lunches at work and dinners. It's heartily and full of flavour.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped & cooked)
- 1 large clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/4 cup organic and all natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp coconut amino or soy sauce
- Optional garnish: roasted peanuts (chopped) and green onions (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Add small layer of water to the bottom of your pan. Lay the squash cut side down and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let the squash rest for 5 minutes and then "shred" the spaghetti with a fork. Set aside.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute the garlic, carrots, and cabbage for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce and rice vinegar to the pan. Heat until smooth and combined. Return veggies, chicken, and spaghetti squash to the pan. Toss until well coated and heated. Serve warm garnished with the chopped peanuts and green onions.