Scallop Tacos With Avocado Salsa
Every Tuesday should be Taco Tuesday and we LOVE our healthy tacos. Anything Mexican is normally a hit in our house.
- 1 pound fresh scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 green onions
- 2 jalapeños
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 8 small corn tortillas (warmed)
- Lime wedges
- Combine the scallops, olive oil, black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl until scallops are evenly coated; chill until ready to use.
- Grill the corn, green onions, and jalapeños over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- In a separate bowl mash avocado and remaining salt until smooth. Grill scallops 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Spread each warm corn tortilla with avocado mixture; top with 4 or 5 grilled scallops and a spoonful of corn pico.
- Serve with lime wedges.