Pulled Chicken Tacos
Tacos are a big hit in our home and this has quickly become a favourite. It's easy to make and freezes well. Plan to double the recipe and enjoy the pulled chicken the next week as well.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 cans tomato paste (12oz total)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Presidents Choice Kale Slaw (do not use dressing or dried cranberries)
- 1 lemon (freshly squeezed)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cilantro
- Organic corn wraps
- In a medium pan, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent and tender. Add garlic, ginger,salt and spices. Cook 1 minute until all the spices are fragrant. Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste
- Add chicken to the slow cooker. Pour sauce over top
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and leave in the sauce. Squeeze in lime juice.
- Mix the kale slaw with greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Create your taco with desire chicken, slaw, avocado and cilantro on top.