Perfect post workout protein oatmeal for the win
One of our trainers (Carly) posted this recipe on her @carlyinspired IG account and I knew I had to try it. I'm always looking for new ways to nourish my body post workout and this is a great solution. Also a very filling and satisfying way to start your day.
- 1/3 cup oats (larger the flake the better)
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- Optional toppings: micro greens and avocado, cinnamon, raisins and almond butter, cocoa powder and bananas etc...
- Whisk together the dry oatmeal, almond milk and egg whites really well.
- Add to a pot on medium heat and continue whisking well until it's cooked through (4-6 mins).
- Once cooked add your toppings and enjoy!