Fresh and fluffy, Oat bagel delights
Bagels use to be a guilty pleasure. With this new recipe adopted from Skinny Taste you can add them back into your breakfast rotation without the guilt. Get creative with your seasoning ingredients or toppings. Raisin and cinnamon, everything bagel, almond butter and banana, avocado and an over easy sunny side up egg etc...
- 1.5 cups oat flour (put large flake oats in a Vitimix and blend well)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white (to brush on the bagel before baking)
- Optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds etc...
- Preheat your oven to 375. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt, 1 egg and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl for about 15-20 turns. It may be a little sticky still but most pulls away from your hands easily.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball into long ropes and join the ends to form bagels.
- Top with egg white wash and sprinkle the top with seasoning. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.