White fish is a staple on our home but I know some people aren't as keen. This mango salsa will make you love fish again. I have no doubt about that. Give it a try (double dare you) and see how good it really can be. We devoured this recipe at our house. Left our the 'green and white bits' (cilantro and onion) for our kids and they loved it too.
- 3 ripe mangos (diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup red onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced (optional)
- ¼ cup lime juice (fresh squeezed)
- pinch of sea salt
- In a serving bowl, combine the prepared mango, bell pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Drizzle with the lime juice and mix well. Season to taste with salt. Let the salsa rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Choose your favourite white fish and grill over medium heat until cooked through (7-10 min). We use a frying pan with a tsp of coconut oil. It may fall apart on you but fear not, it'll still taste great.
- Steam asparagus (3-5 mins) as a side and enjoy!