Kale Salmon Salad
This is an easy meal that makes the perfect dinner and easy left overs for lunch the next day. The ingredients below makes one generous serving and you can double or triple the recipe for easy meal prep or additional family members joining you.
- 1 ½ cups chopped kale leaves
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cooked beet, pealed and chopped
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ juiced lemon
- 1/4 tsp. grainy mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 salmon filet
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Season salmon with salt & pepper, place skin side down and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes (until fish is cooked through)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the kale, cucumber, celery, beets, blueberries & pumpkin seeds
- To make the dressing combine the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- When ready, lightly dress the salad and serve with salmon.
- Adjust dressing to suit your own tastes. If you prefer less lemon flavour add less lemon.
Recipe created for well&tight by Holistic Nutritionist Allison Madigan