The other night my husband and I were playing around with a new healthy turkey meatball recipe and stumbled on what I think is truly the best meatball recipe out there. And it's easy! You can use the same recipes to make burgers as well. BBQ season has arrived!
- 1 package of lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeño (optional for those who like a little kick)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white or yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (remove moisture with paper towel)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place jalapeño, garlic, and onion into a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Mix well with your hands and roll into balls or press into burgers.
- Bake meatballs at 400° for 15-17 minutes. Grill burgers on high heat until thoroughly cooked.
- Pro Tip: Double this recipe and freeze the meatballs and burgers for easy meals ideas when you are pressed for time.