During a 12 hour and very intense power yoga training session, well&tight friend and fellow yogi Jen Bonciani offered me a generous helping of her homemade thai salad and I was so grateful. It was refreshing and filling, which allowed me to feel satisfied and full of energy. It's now one of my favourite go to recipes to make ahead and keep in the fridge for easy lunch ideas.
- 1 cup coleslaw cabbage mix
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken (or chickpeas for vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber (or celery)
- 1/4 cup red, yellow or green peppers, chopped
- 1 TSP all natural peanut butter (drain as much oil as possible)
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 1/2 TSP olive oil
- 1/2 TSP honey
- 1 TSP low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Lime (fresh squeezed)
- 1 TSP chopped peanuts to garnish
- Combine all the salad ingredients together.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk together well.
- Lightly dress the salad, garnish with chopped nuts and enjoy!