Those who know me understand that my love for sweets runs deep and is insatiable. I am always in search of yummy ways to satisfy my sweet tooth without sabotaging my efforts to stay healthy and active. My most recent adventure in baking includes making festive pumpkin blondies high in fibre and protein. Bonus...my kids devour them while thinking they are getting a special 'brownie' treat!
- 1.5 Cups Chickpeas
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Mashed Banana
- 1/4 Almond Butter
- 1 Cup Spelt Flakes (or rolled oats)
- 2 Tbs Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 TBS Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, raisins or mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a blender and mix well on a high setting.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and stir in walnuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
- Place the final mixture in your greased pan and cook for 25-30 mins or when the blondies become brown at the edges.
- Let the blondies cool completely before removing them from the pan. Store in the fridge and enjoy with a hot tea and squeeze of a lemon wedge.
Have you taken a favourite indulgent recipe and made it healthier? Share your tips with me here. I'd love to hear from you.