There are few exercises that work as many muscles as a single squat.
Squats will tone your back, butt, legs and core when done properly. They help improve the movement of bodily fluid and help eliminate more waste. This also helps deliver more nutrients to your muscles and organs. Squats are a time-efficient way to burn calories and gain more muscle.
Become stronger with our 30 day SQUAT challenge.
How to do a proper squat:
- Start with your feet slightly wider than your hips. Toes pointing at 12 o'clock ahead of you.
- Keep your chest up and gaze forward the entire time (don't look down).
- Place your arms straight out in front of you and parallel to the ground.
- Spine is neutral. Try not to round it during the squat.
- Send your bum back and bend your knees as you lower down. Like you are about to sit on a chair behind you. Toes can easily lift off the floor as all your weight is rooted into the 4 corners of your foot.
- Squat until your bum is LOWER than your knee or parallel to the ground. You may even feel like you are about to fall back. This is good! The lower the better.
- Stand back up and repeat until your set is complete.
Enjoy every squat. Your body will thank you!