Pancakes have gotten a bad rap for being unhealthy. These little gems don't have to be and can become a staple in your weekly menu planning again. The key is to avoid the prepackaged mix (it is JUST as easy to make your own) and avoid the high calorie toppings like whipping cream, butter and icing sugar etc...Don't worry, this pancake recipe is not only healthy but full of flavour and very filling. My kids love them as well which is a big bonus.
- 1 cup of spelt flour (oat flour will work too and is gluten free)
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 2/3 cup of almond milk
- fresh berries, greek yogurt and coconut for serving on top
- 1 Tsp Coconut oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix the egg, mashed banana and almond milk in another bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Place a small amount of batter into the pan.
- Bake for a few minutes until the pancake gets firm and you can flip it.
- Turn it gently and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve with berries, coconut and a dollop of plain 5% greek yogurt.
Enjoy your pancakes!