I love a good salad. One that's colourful, nourishing and easy to make. This salad does the trick on all levels. I was over for lunch at a girlfriend's house one day and watched in awe as she effortlessly threw this lunch together for us and I had to share the recipe with you. Enjoy!
- 6-8 cups boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (basil or cilantro)
- 1 cup of green beans
- 8 radishes (quartered)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (halved)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 2 boiled egg (quartered)
- 1 yellow zucchini (sliced matchstick)
- Sushi grade tuna steak
- Optional toppings: lemon zest
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS white balsamic
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all the salad ingredients (except tuna steak) in single serve salads as pictured above.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over each salad.
- Top with lemon zest.
- Once your salad is prepared, lightly sear your tuna in a frying pan at medium heat. Approximately 1 minute per side.
- Recipe adapted from Tasha, well&tight member.