This recipe was first introduced to me from a member in our well&tight community. All the great recipes usually are. When Roslyn first shared it with us as a dish it was love at first sight. I immediately knew it would be a winner and I wasn't disappointed. We now make it as part of our meal prep routine as it freezes really well for quick and easy lunch or dinner ideas.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne (more or less, depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tin whole tomatoes (diced)
- 2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (3 cups)
- 2-4 cups kale or spinach, chopped (more spinach as it wilts a lot)
- 1 can lite coconut milk (1 cup)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Sauté the onions over medium heat with the coconut oil (5-7 mins).
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt, pepper, garam masala, cumin and cayenne. Stir to coat the onions (1 min).
- Add the canned tomatoes and juice (chopped into bite size) and chickpeas (drained).
- Cover the pan and let simmer for 10 min's.
- Add the greens and simmer for 5 min's uncovered.
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice. Let it simmer for 10 minutes to fully heat up the coconut milk. Serve over cooked quinoa. Option to add cooked chicken for additional protein.