I LOVE this golden turmeric butternut squash soup. Especially during unpredictable spring weather where I never wear warm enough clothes and always seem to have a chill. It's also really easy on your digestive system which our gut loves. Bonus, it's bursting with flavour and loaded with goodness!
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, deseeded, and roughly chopped)
- 2-3 medium yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place everything (except the almond milk) in your slow cooker. Mix well and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Place cooked soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the almond milk and blend one last time.
- Garnish with a dollop of greek yogurt or pumpkin seeds (optional) and enjoy!