Nutrition plays a critical role in how effective you are during your workout as well as how quickly you recover from the effort. It's a tricky balance to ensure you get enough fuel to sustain a strenuous effort for muscle growth and avoid sabotaging your weight loss efforts by over fueling (eating more than your body needs).
PRE (am) WORKOUT NUTRITION will determine how efficient you are in your training effort. Too little and you may not have the energy to challenge yourself and push past your limits for optimal results. Too much and you may cramp, feel sluggish and heavy during your training. The suggested pre-workout meals below have the right macronutrient breakdown to make sure you maximize your potential during a high intensity (45 min or longer) workout.
- Option 1: Spelt Toast, 1 tbs of almond butter, 1/2 Banana and 1 tsp of honey. Lemon water.
- Option 2: One boiled egg, 1/4 avocado mashed into 1/4 cup quinoa. Lemon water.
- Option 3: Two coconut almond balls. Lemon water.
- Option 4: Half a cup overnight oat bran with chia seeds, and coconut milk. Lemon water.
Aim to eat your pre-workout meal 30-45 min's before you train to allow time for your body to start the digestion process so you can fully benefit.
POST (am) WORKOUT NUTRITION will help you recover quickly, rebuild muscle that was torn during your training (bigger and stronger) as well as restore depleted glycogen stores (your muscle energy) so you can go hard again tomorrow and keep seeing results! Pair the above pre and the below post workout options for one workout.
- Option 1: Two egg whites, 1/4 avocado, tomato and cucumber slices. Lemon water.
- Option 2: Green smoothie. Lemon water.
- Option 3: Egg white omelette with spinach, peppers and onion.
- Option 4: The other half of your oat bran with 1 egg and 1/4 avocado on top.
Aim to eat your breakfast within 1 hour of training (for optimal results) choose one of the following post-workout meals; ideally paired with the above options.
Most importantly listen to your body. Eat until you are 80% full and then wait 20 min's before deciding if you are still hungry. At well&tight we believe that any type of activity should be a celebration of what our body is capable of and not punishment for what we ate, so choose wisely and nourish that beautiful body of yours properly.