Our well&tight guide encourages members to limit or eliminate eating out while on a program. Knowing that social and work commitments are inevitable, we can still make every effort to choose healthier restaurants and modify our choices while out.
Tips to live a well&tight life while eating out:
- If possible, suggest an activity (walk, group run, spin class, yoga or BARRE class etc...) instead of meeting friends for dinner or drinks.
- Pick healthier restaurants that will accommodate your needs. A quick google search will help you locate healthy restaurants in your area that will accommodate your well&tight life.
- If you are in the Toronto area click here for a few of the healthiest restaurants by neighbourhood.
- Ask your server for grilled chicken or fish with steamed vegetables, even if it's not on the menu. Most restaurants will have this available and accommodate your needs.
- Eat half the portion they bring you and save the rest for another meal.
- Exercise the morning you are scheduled to eat out.
- Do not skip a meal to 'save the calories' for eating out later. You will eat more than you need if you are hungry when you arrive at the restaurant.
- Remove dressing from any and all salads. Replace with a fresh squeezed lemon.
- Remove cheese and nuts/seeds or ask for half the portion.
A well&tight life includes indulging in great restaurants 1-2 times a month when you are in maintenance mode. Living by this golden rule will help you stay healthy and fit for good!