Avocado Tuna Salad
This easy and quick lunch or snack option is overflowing with lean protein and healthy fats. Use the whole can of tuna and double the recipe for lunch the next day – simply store the tuna in a glass jar rather than in the avocado shell.
- ½ avocado
- ½ can of drained, flaked tuna
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ¼ cup baby spinach or kale, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in ½ and discard the pit.
- Scoop most of the avocado flesh out so just a bit remains in the shell. Mash the flesh in a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the mashed avocado.
- Spoon tuna back into avocado shell and enjoy!
Recipe created for well&tight by Holistic Nutritionist Allison Madigan