Peanut Butter Cookies
These are seriously the world's BEST peanut butter cookies. These are best made when you are on maintenance mode and don't mind asserting some self control (something I am not good at). But they make a yummy little 'better for you' treat that the entire family can enjoy in moderation.
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp spelt flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup organic coconut cane sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Double this recipe as they will disappear quick.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl (peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla) and mix well.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, baking soda, coconut cane sugar, salt) and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well. Create cookie size balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour. Cooling the dough is critical for soft chewy cookies.
- Cook for 8 min and remove from oven. Cookies may appear undercooked but don’t worry, they are ready. Cool and enjoy!