Lemongrass Thai Stew
This has quickly become a staple in our home. It's delicious and easy to make. Perfect for meal prep as it freezes really well.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 large white onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 heaping cup carrots (chopped)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only (minced, most specialty grocery stores will have it)
- 1 tbs ginger (grated)
- 3 tbs fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tbs green curry paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas or more (rinsed)
- 1 tsp coconut amino (or soy sauce)
- 1 lime (fresh juice)
- Salt to taste
- To garnish: fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in garlic, onion, lemongrass, carrots, fresh ginger, and diced basil. Fry for about 5 minute until onions begin to brown. Next add in green curry paste and turmeric and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add in coconut milk, broth, chickpeas, coconut aminos, lime juice, salt and red pepper. Stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and cooked rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.