Grilled Chicken Kabobs
This is a family favourite in our home. Quick, easy and a great way to get more vegetables onto our kids plates. They love that everything is served on a stick. We put a little greek yogurt on the side to dip the grilled food into.
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (medalian)
- 1 red pepper cut into large square chunks
- 1 yellow pepper cut into large square chunks
- 1/2 red onion cut into large square chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeños (optional)
- 2 large chicken breast (chopped into cubes)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Place the skewers in water to soak (to avoid burning on the BBQ) for 1 hour.
- Marinade the chicken for 30 mins (combine olive oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper with chicken)
- Chop all the vegetables while the chicken marinades.
- Alternate vegetables and cubes of the marinated chicken on a skewer.
- Grill on medium heat for 15-20 min or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Create extra and use the next day with a spinach salad.