This salad is the perfect way to nourish your family with green goodness. It also stores in the fridge well and makes for easy grab and go veggie solutions. Add a 1/4 cup quinoa to add more protein if grilled chicken isn't on hand.
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped in small florets
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 stalk sliced green onion
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds
- 1/8 cup almond butter
- ½ tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tbp. Tamari
- ½ tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. water
- Cooked chicken breast – roast chicken, grilled chicken whatever your personal preference.
- In large mixing boil combine the broccoli, edamame, onions and almonds
- For the dressing mix together the almond butter, rice vinegar, tamari, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic and water.
- Add more water to dressing as needed for consistency.
- Add precooked chicken into the salad, pour dressing over and toss to mix well.
- Use a blender or food mixer for the dressing as it is the easiest way to get a smooth dressing consistency with the nut butter.
Recipe created for well&tight by Holistic Nutritionist Allison Madigan