Cold and flu season is upon us and to help you boost your immunity (through nourishing your body) we've created this powerful soup full of flavour, protein and vegetables. It is a huge hit in our well&tight community as well. I make a big batch every week and freeze it in 2 cup portions for easy and quick lunch ideas.
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 large shallots, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, 1 large red pepper, 4 large celery sticks (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 package ground white turkey meat (substitute 1 can chickpeas for vegetarian)
- 2 TBS herbes de Provence
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more as needed (vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice, drained
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small bunch kale, coarsely chopped (about 4 packed cups)
- 1 TBS kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and vegetables and saute, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and stir until the meat is cooked.
- Add the herbes de Provence and stir, 1 minute. Add 4 cups broth, tomatoes and quinoa.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in the kale and season with salt and the freshly ground black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Stay healthy this cold and flu season friends!