I'm a snacker. Always have been and always will be. No matter how strong my intentions to eat clean regularly, I don't do well with snacking on just raw vegetables. While vegetables are an important part of my snacking routine, I still like to make these highly addictive and delicious almond bites to satisfy my sweet cravings and give me a little extra protein/fat to keep me full till my next meal. They are also a great post training snack if you don't want a heavy meal after your evening activity.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond butter
- ½ cup coconut flour (or more to thicken)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 TBS almond milk
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS 1 scoop natural chocolate fermented vegan proteins+ powder by Genuine Health
- 2 TBS finely chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds (optional)
- 2 TBS finely chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend well.
- Take 1 TBS of the mixture in your hands and create bite sized balls,
- Roll the balls in extra shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before you enjoy.
- Store them in the fridge or freezer. Limit 2-3 per day.
The secret to making these is in the oil/flour balance. If your almond butter has too much oil, your mixture will be too watery to form balls. Continue to add a little coconut flour until the mixture becomes slightly less wet but remains moist. You don't want the mixture to become too dry.
Happy healthy baking!